- Overview: Understanding the Miva – NetSuite integration template
- Install the Miva – NetSuite integration template
- Configure and run flows in the Miva – NetSuite integration template
Miva is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform that provides a full-service e-commerce storefront. With the Miva API, you can connect your ERP, such as NetSuite, and integrate your store data.
The Miva – NetSuite template contains integration flows to automate customers, refunds, order cancellations, orders, shipments, products, and payments with NetSuite. After installing and configuring the Miva – NetSuite template, you can enable only those flows needed for your business requirements.
- Sync sales order updates between Miva and NetSuite
- Expedite invoice processing in NetSuite or Miva
- Manage shipment statuses from Miva or NetSuite
- Link your product details and inventory in Miva and NetSuite
- Coordinate refunds between Miva and NetSuite
- Comprehensive flows out-of-the-box – Streamline orders, customers, and inventory by syncing Miva and NetSuite.
- Self-service with low maintenance – Built for both IT & end-users, take control of your integrations with Celigo iPaaS
- Intuitive setup without coding – Intuitive design that guides you through the process of setting up the integrations, without worrying about APIs or code
- Customizable and expandable – Data integration flows can be customized and expanded with Celigo iPaaS, without requiring technical resources
The Celigo quickstart bundle contains workflows that you can easily configure and deploy without coding or IT support. The following built-in flows sync from the specified source data to the corresponding destination.
Miva to NetSuite
|Miva customers to NetSuite customers|
|Miva orders to NetSuite sales orders|
|Miva orders cancellation to NetSuite sales orders cancellations|
|Miva refunds to NetSuite customer refunds|
NetSuite to Miva
Most integrator.io error messages clearly explain the error and suggest troubleshooting methods. If you are unsure of what the error means, contact Celigo support.
For errors passed through from Miva or NetSuite, see the respective endpoint documentation.