The warehouse manager of an eCommerce manufacturer ensures that the inventory details of each product are available in different locations in SAP Business ByDesign and should be synced to the products listed in Shopify. This is to ensure that inventory is always up-to-date and avoid backorders or products being “sold out” scenarios.
Understand the flow
In the SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Shopify inventory (add or update) flow, the export gets the inventory balance report and inventory details of the products from each location in SAP Business ByDesign since the last flow run. The flow looks for the inventory item ID in SAP Business ByDesign. The flow filters the items that have an item ID map for the store and inventory item ID. The import updates the inventory for all products based on the locations available in Shopify and specifies the count of all inventory updates on the integrator.io Dashboard. This is a scheduled flow. If the flow fails to add or update the inventory, an error message is displayed on the integrator.io Dashboard.
Before you run the flow
- The eTail Inventory Item ID, corresponding location, and available quantity must be set on the SAP Business ByDesign item to sync the inventory details accurately.
- The products should already exist in Shopify.
Configure the flow settings
- Log in to your integrator.io account.
- Click on the Shopify - SAP Business ByDesign integration app tile.
- Go to Settings > General.
- In the Map SAP Business ByDesign locations with Shopify locations setting, map SAP Business ByDesign locations to the corresponding Shopify locations. You can choose to map locations as one-to-one or many-to-one (map a group of SAP Business ByDesign locations to a single Shopify location). If you have only a single location set up in Shopify to which all of your SAP Business ByDesign locations are mapped, then select it from the Select a default Shopify location list.
- In the Select a default Shopify location setting, select a default Shopify location to map all the SAP Business ByDesign locations. To select the Shopify default location, you must map one or many locations or provide a default Shopify location.
- Click Save.
Run the flow
- Go to Flows > Inventory.
- Next to the SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Shopify inventory (add or update) flow, use the toggle button to enable the flow.
- Click Run.
You can see the flow status in the integrator.io Dashboard.
Understand the inventory records in Shopify and SAP Business ByDesign
The SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Shopify inventory (add or update) flow syncs the inventory from SAP Business ByDesign each location to Shopify inventory. In the below images, you can find the inventory for all items is synced to Shopify individual item inventory.