The warehouse manager of an eCommerce manufacturer ensures that the inventory details of each product are available in different locations in SAP Business ByDesign and should be synced to the products listed on Amazon. This is to ensure that inventory is always up-to-date and avoid backorders or products being “sold out” scenarios.
Understand the flow
In the SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Amazon inventory (add or update) flow, the export gets the inventory balance report and inventory details of the products from each location in SAP Business ByDesign since the last flow run. The flow looks for the inventory item ID in SAP Business ByDesign. The flow filters the items that have an item ID map for the store and inventory item ID. The import updates the inventory for all products based on the locations available in Amazon and specifies the count of all inventory updates on the integrator.io Dashboard. This is a scheduled flow. If the flow fails to add or update the inventory, an error message is displayed on the integrator.io Dashboard.
Before you run the flow
- The eTail Inventory Item ID, corresponding location, and available quantity must be set on the SAP Business ByDesign item to sync the inventory details accurately.
- The products should already exist in Amazon.
Configure the flow settings
- Log in to your integrator.io account.
- Click on the Amazon - SAP Business ByDesign integration app tile.
- Go to Settings > Inventory.
- In the Enter inventory balance report ID setting, enter the SAP Business ByDesign inventory balance report ID in this setting. The default balance report ID is entered in the following format: “Customer MCS Solution ID_inventory balance report ID.” Example: Y40AEX5OY_434BBD9E136C0D. Y40AEX5OY is the MCS solution ID and 434BBD9E136C0D is the inventory balance report ID. You can also enter the inventory balance report ID in other formats, based on your business requirements.
- In the Select SAP Business ByDesign locations to pick inventory from setting, select one or many SAP Business ByDesign locations to pick inventory (for all the SAP Business ByDesign items linked to Amazon) from when you run the SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Amazon inventory (add or update) flow. If you select multiple locations, the inventory from all selected locations is synced to Amazon. If no location is selected, the inventory from all SAP Business ByDesign locations is synced to Amazon.
- Click Save.
Run the flow
- Go to Flows > Inventory.
- Next to the SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Amazon inventory (add or update) flow, use the toggle button to enable the flow.
- Click Run.
You can see the flow status in the integrator.io Dashboard.
After you run the flow, on a successful sync, the success count of the flow including the import and export is shown as 1.
Understand the inventory records in Amazon and SAP Business ByDesign
The SAP Business ByDesign inventory to Amazon inventory (add or update) flow syncs the inventory from SAP Business ByDesign each location to Amazon inventory. In the below images, you can find the inventory for all items is synced to Amazon's individual item inventory.