Each time a sales order is generated in NetSuite, a billing record is created. Each billing record in NetSuite is mapped with an Amazon order in order to ascertain how much amount has been received and how much is due for all the recorded sales.
The NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add and NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add flows will record all the Amazon order details synced with NetSuite, either as invoices or cash sales.
Note: These flows will not pass any information to or from Amazon.
Configuring your flow
The recommended option is to create invoices for the orders with open balances, which are settled by Amazon using the settlement process. You should consider recording an order as a cash sale, only if the payment has been settled at the time of the transaction, i.e., payment via check, credit card, or cash.
Note: The Amazon - NetSuite integration app premium license enables you to process only orders posted as invoices and doesn’t support cash sales. To understand more about the settlement flows, see Sync your Amazon settlement report (manually or automatically).
- Click Settings > Billing to access the settings for the billing flow
- Select the saved search to be used for searching the Amazon orders that need to be billed in the NetSuite saved search for auto-billing orders setting.
Select the billing status of the orders in the Auto-bill orders in Netsuite when the status is setting. The options available are:
- Pending Billing: This is the recommended option as the orders will be billed after they have been shipped to the customer.
- Pending Fulfillment: This option indicates that the customer is billed before the order is shipped to the customer.
Based on the option selected here, the saved search results in NetSuite will get updated accordingly. For example, if you have selected the status as Pending Billing, the saved search in NetSuite will pull data of all orders that have been shipped and need to be billed.
Note: You can also update the billing status to be selected in the saved search within NetSuite. If you make the changes to the billing status selection in NetSuite, it will override any selection made via the settings in the integration app.
- Click Save to save the changes made to the setting.
- Access Flows > Billing to access the billing flows
- If you are recording the Amazon orders as invoices in NetSuite, turn on the NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add flow (currently turned on in the screenshot) .
- If you are recording the Amazon orders as cash sales in NetSuite, turn on the NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add flow (turned off in the screenshot).
- Click Run to run the integration flows.
On successful execution, all Amazon orders will be updated as invoices or cash sales in NetSuite.