Filtering audit API to date ranges / pagination
In the Audit API endpoints, there isn't much info on how I can filter the response in my request.
This informational page: https://docs.celigo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6514515710107 says that a max of 1000 records are produced by the API response. Given this I have a couple of questions.
- In the UI you can adjust the custom date field to get records for a given date range. Can I pass some parameters or headers to request only logs for a given date range via the various audit apis?
- If in the above example the date range I am interested in produces more than 1000 records, can I page through them to request more?
Jeremy Nelson [Updated on Dec 13th] We currently do support filtering the data from the API by dates (see The responses below) . The good news is that we are working on Audit log so that you are no longer bound by UI limitation (i.e can only see up to 1500 records at a time). This enhancement is targeted for our January 2023 release.
Also, we have a product portal that you can find out what features are bing planned or ideas that need input from our users. See image below how to get to our product portal and browse for ideas and vote...0
Thanks for the response viliandy leonardo Do I understand correctly that:
- Next year, the API response will contain entire resultset or at least a way to page through it?
- Requesting logs from the API created after a specific date will still not be possible so i'll have to parse the entire result set to get timestamps i'm interested in?
I will have the team in charge of this enhancement to review your follow up questions and respond.
Jeremy Nelson, it is possible to page through the audit endpoint. In the response header, there is a link to the next page. Now, I'm not aware of any current filter parameters, but have asked internally.0
When I look at the results I get from this
curl -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" https://api.integrator.io/v1/flows/$flow_id/audit
I only get a list of resource flow records like the below, with nothing else. There is no paging detail here.
"name": "User Name"
It is in the HTTP response "headers".0
Ah! ok thanks! I will now await if there is a way to grab specific dates. Thank you!0
Hello Jeremy Nelson
Yes, you can already apply date filters as parameters to API request to get the records for a specific date range, this is available now.
- In January release, we will make user interface enhancement but not the APIs. The API response won't include all result; the api will still return 1000 records per request, and you need to paginate.
I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be happy assist.
Hello Jeremy Nelson
Here is an example of how the request URI appears with a date filter added as a parameter.
Note: <_id> is the flow-id
Please sign in to leave a comment.