Google Sheets Import Error

Comments

4 comments

  • Tyler Lamparter Principal Product Manager
    Awesome Follow-up
    Engaged
    Top Contributor
    Answer Pro
    Celigo University Level 4: Legendary

    Dave Guderian is the sheet on your Google sheet named "Sheet1"? Are you sure you are using the correct spreadsheet id? You can see in the script that you should only get this error if a GET call to that spreadsheet id and sheet name failed. Could also be your google connection doesn't have access to read it.

    0
  • Dave Guderian
    Engaged
    Celigo University Level 4: Legendary
    Awesome Follow-up

    Hey Tyler-

    I've been working on this most of the morning and Im still perplexed and (unfortunately) receiving the same error. I went in and rebuilt the connection, verified scopes,  and rebuilt the import step. Would anything have changed in the marketplace connector by chance? Also, wouldn't it mean that my connection is okay if the Headers are being returned correctly in the import step?

    0
  • Scott Henderson CTO
    Celigo University Level 1: Skilled
    Answer Pro
    Top Contributor

    I am going to enhance the marketplace connector to return a better error in the UI, but in the meantime you can inspect the root error if you look at the script execution logs. Go to Resources -> Scripts -> View execution log for the script 'Google Sheets Helper Functions'. For example:

     

    My suspicion is that you need to configure the 'Alias' to point to the right connection. Notice in the screenshot from Tyler that script is using an alias ("_connectionId": "googlesheetsconnection"), and we need to do it this way to make the marketplace install work out of the box, but if you try to use the import in a different flow or integration, the alias might need to be reconfigured. I will think more about how to make this easier to understand and manage.

    Flow settings:

    0
  • Dave Guderian
    Engaged
    Celigo University Level 4: Legendary
    Awesome Follow-up

    Scott - As usual you nailed it! That was exactly the issue. Once I updated the alias it worked perfectly. Thanks again for all your help!

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.