TROUBLESHOOTING: When I receive partial inbound shipments in NetSuite, how can I exclude line items that are not received?
Q: I’m trying to submit a partial quantity, but when the Inbound shipment is received in NetSuite, it is still getting the full quantity.
A: When Inbound Shipments are partially received, all the line items that are not received must have the receive checkbox set it to "False", otherwise NetSuite will automatically include it. In this case, you can’t use Replace all with a record that has associated purchase order lines.
In the Import field (NetSuite) column of your integrator.io field mapping, set the value to Items: Receive, and should be set to "true".
This corresponds to the NetSuite field InternalID of “receiveitem”, as shown below.
If you are deploying a script to handle this, make sure to deploy it on the 'Receive Inbound Shipment' record type and not the 'Inbound Shipment' record type.
If you're not receiving the expected number of line items on inbound shipments, check this related post.
Documentation is tough all around but here is what worked and allowed me to receive partial quantities on lines and selectively receive lines as well in my integration flow based on the lines passed in the source data:
1. Date -> set as needed
2. Inbound Shipment (Field ID:internalid) -> set to internal id of the Inbound Shipment you want to receive
3. Items : Replace All Lines -> hard code to "true" so only the lines you pass are added to the receipt
4. Items : Quantity to be Received -> the qty to receive
5. Items : Receive -> hard code to "true' if all your source data lines have qty to be received
6. Items : Item (InternalId) -> I needed to do a look up from the SKU (item name) passed by my external application
7. Items : ID -> this is the line key from the Inbound Shipment (Items - Line Id is the field when doing a Saved Search on Inbound Shipments)
I also added a custom record import as my first step to track the External ID's of the submitted 'Receive Inbound Shipment' to prevent duplicates being processed as there is no 'Receive Inbound Shipment' record created (it is essentially a virtual record that ultimately creates item receipts).
Happy Integrating to you all!0
Please sign in to leave a comment.