I wanted to write here in case anyone else was having a similar issue. We use the Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Order workflow on IO and will occasionally receive an error (on order creation attempt): "Re: Failed to save record because Please enter value(s) for: State."
Some facts about us...
- We use dynamic forms in NetSuite such that if the country != United States, then State is not required
- Even when State is not required, we sometimes have picklist value dependencies turned on (e.g. Country = United Kingdom and State picklist yields a list of values versus a text box).
- In order of operations, we first set the Country then the State values (this did not change anything/resolve the issue)
- We are not syncing accounts with the Opportunity/Order sync
- Note: Only on the Order workflow not the Customer workflow (wrt Addresses)
Things told by Celigo / NetSuite:
- Via the workflow integration, we cannot set the form
- You can find more information about this in the NetSuite site: https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61085/kw/address
"When scripting in dynamic mode, you are working with a record in a way that emulates the behaviors of the UI. For example, in the UI, if you create a new sales order, select a custom form, and specify a customer, various field values throughout the new record are sourced (automatically populated, validated, or calculated in real-time).
When you programmatically create a new sales order in dynamic mode, all of the same sourcing behaviors that occur in the UI also occur in your script as each line is executed. You can obtain sourced, validated, and calculated field values in real-time without first having to submit the record."
- Celigo is not using dynamic mode which in turn is not allowing the form to be "smart" in knowing that the address is now actually requiring a state before trying to push through and validate the whole record.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Were you able to work around it? How?
It not, please reply and maybe we can get Celigo to address this.
Please sign in to leave a comment.