The following is the generic process followed by Banks and their NetSuite clients.
The Banks process the payments and generate an acknowledgment or sometimes even a payment summary that is sent to NetSuite. Bank to NetSuite File Transfer in Vendor Payment Manager only supports the plain text(.txt) file format.
The following data flow is provided in the Vendor Payment Manager to facilitate the above process. The flow gets rendered based on bank license and file formats.
Acknowledgment Files Transfer
- Bank to NetSuite File Transfer
The data flow represents the bank and the payment file format. You need to set up the FTP parameters for each flow before running the flow (or flow can be set up to run automatically after user-defined scheduled intervals). Refer to the topic ‘How to use the data flow’ for further learning.
File transfer parameters
- FTP Outbound Folder: Provide the source directory path in the bank FTP server from where the outgoing files shall be retrieved for transfer to NetSuite.
- File Name Starts With: Please provide the first few characters of the filename which the integration app should read.
- File Name Ends With: Please provide the last few characters of the filename which the integration app should read.
- After Transfer Action in FTP: Choose an appropriate action based on your requirement.
- Delete: will delete the file from the outbound folder.
- Archive: will move the file from the outbound folder and store it in a user-defined folder for archival.
- Mark as Processed: will remember the file as processed without moving it out of the outbound folder. In this case, when the flow is run again, the files which are marked as processed shall not be picked up for transfer.
- FTP Archive Folder: Specify the Bank FTP folder where the outgoing file will be archived once it has been transferred to NetSuite.
- Decrypt file with PGP Key after transfer: Select this option to decrypt the incoming file from the bank to NetSuite. Vendor Payment Manager will decrypt the files using your private key provided in the 'General' section. Please note that this option should only be chosen when the files are being encrypted by the bank.
- NetSuite Import Folder Id: Provide the destination file cabinet location in NetSuite where the files will be transferred.