Note: We’ve renamed our SmartConnectors to Integration Apps.
Generally, the following process is observed in a generic NetSuite based vendor payment workflow. The customer processes purchase order bills and makes payments in NetSuite. These payments are processed by the Banks and are called Accounts payable in accounting terms.
The customer generates the outgoing accounts payable file (NACHA, Wire, etc.) that will then be transferred to the bank via FTP/SFTP for further processing. The user can choose to transfer a file in a format supported by the Vendor Payment Manager. Vendor Payment Manager allows the transfer of multiple files in a single flow run until the folder is empty.
The following is an example of automated data flows provided in the Vendor Payment Manager to facilitate the above process. The flows are rendered based on bank license and file formats.
Payment Files Transfer
- NetSuite to Bank File Transfer
The data flow indicates the direction, the bank, and the file format. These details are sourced from the user subscription-based on which these flows are rendered. You need to set up the FTP parameters for each flow before running the flow (or flow can be set up to run automatically after user-defined scheduled intervals). Refer to the topic ‘How to use the data flow’ for further learning.
Bank File Transfer Parameter Settings section
Provide the details defined in the following tabs:
File Transfer Parameters:
- NetSuite Outbound Folder[s]: Provide the file cabinet location in NetSuite from where the outgoing files shall be retrieved for transfer to the bank.
- Bank FTP Import Folder: Provide the destination directory path in the bank FTP server where the files will be transferred.
- File Name Starts With: Please provide the first few characters of the filename which the integration app should read.
- File Name Ends With: Please provide the last few characters of the filename which the integration app should read.
- File Suffix to Append: Select a timestamp format which will be appended to each file transferred.
- Encrypt file with PGP Key: Select this option to encrypt the file before sending to the bank. Vendor payment manager will encrypt the files using the bank's public key provided in the 'General’ Section.
- Sign Encrypted files: Select this option if it is required to sign the encrypted files as well. Signing the encrypted file allows the receiver to verify the integrity of the file.
- After Transfer Action: Choose an appropriate action based on your requirement.
- Delete : will delete the file from the outbound folder.
- Archive: will move the file from the outbound folder and store it in a user defined folder for archival.
- Mark as Processed: will remember the file as processed without moving it out of the outbound folder. In this case when the flow is run again, the files which are marked as processed shall not be picked up for transfer.
- NetSuite Archive Folder Id: Specify the NetSuite file cabinet location where the outgoing file will be archived once it has been transferred.