Zoom is a cloud-based communication platform that allows users to connect via audio, video, phone, and chat.
- A. Set up a Zoom connection
- B. Provide required Zoom application details
- C. Edit advanced Zoom settings
- D. Save and authorize
Start establishing a connection to Zoom in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Zoom.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Zoom authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select OAuth 2.0 as the authentication type for this connection. The form changes depending on the selected authentication type. The JWT authentication type is documented separately.
IClient (required): Select the iClient that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Zoom. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Provide a clear and distinguishable name to use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
Redirect URL(read-only): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to Zoom for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
- Sign in to your Zoom developer account.
- Navigate to marketplace.zoom.us.
- From the Develop dropdown list, click Build app. The Choose your app type page appears.
- Select the OAuth tile and click Create. The Create an Oauth app message appears.
- Enter App name.
- Select the required App type, either Account-level app or User-managed app.
- Click Create.
- From your App page, navigate to the App credentials section.
- Copy Client ID.
- Copy Client secret.
- Enter the integrator.io Redirect URL.
- Add integrator.io to the Allow list.
- Click Continue.
- Review the Information, Feature sections, and navigate to the Scopes section.
- Click +Add scopes, select the required scopes, and click Done.
- Click Continue.
- Review the Activation section.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zoom connection.
To save and authorize the Zoom connection:
- Click the Save & authorize button to commit your changes and proceed to sign in with Zoom.
- Read the app information and click Allow.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.