- Import your first order in NetSuite
- Configure settings
- Customer data flow
- Order data flow
- Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync)
Walmart offers Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) to select marketplace sellers and provides them access to its supply chain capabilities, including storing, picking, packing and shipping items, as well as the handling of returns and customer service. Walmart Fulfillment Services is "designed to help sellers generate more profitable sales of their inventory at scale, while growing their business with Walmart Marketplace."
You can now sync orders fulfilled using Walmart Fulfillment Services with the delivered status from Walmart to NetSuite using the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) flow in the Walmart – NetSuite integration app. If the order already exists in NetSuite, the flow ignores the record.
You can also perform an on-demand sync of up to ten Walmart Fulfillment Services orders from Walmart to NetSuite. The Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flow is auto-triggered when you enter the Walmart purchase order IDs in the Walmart Fulfillment Services order IDs setting - Settings > Order (WFS) > Orders - and click Save. This flow syncs orders with any order status (including orders that are not in delivered status) to NetSuite.
Note: The Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) and Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flows are available only in the standard edition of the Walmart – NetSuite integration app and works with the HTTP connection.
- Ensure you have an SKU in Walmart that also exists in NetSuite with the same SKU name/number. If you don't already have one, use the following steps:
- In your Walmart seller account, select Add Items and perform the actions displayed on the screen to create a single product. To create products in bulk, use the Update items in bulk option. For more information on how to create products in Walmart, see The Ultimate Guide to Item Setup on Walmart Marketplace.
- In NetSuite, go to Lists > Accounting > Items > New > Inventory Item and create an item record for the same item.
- From your buyer account, create a test sales order for the same product and enter the necessary order details. Once the order is placed, make a note of the "Walmart Fulfillment Services order ID". Alternatively, you can skip step 1 and 2 and use an existing order which has not been imported in NetSuite. When using an existing order, please ensure that the item for which the existing order was placed exists both in NetSuite and Walmart.
- Click Edit mappings () next to the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) flow.
- Select Post Walmart Fulfillment Services orders to NetSuite in the pane that appears.
- Select eTail Channel (Name) in the Destination record field (NetSuite) column instead of eTail Channel (InternalId) in the pane that appears. This ensures that the order lookup is successful when you run the flow.
- Click Auto-map fields to save the changes made to the mappings.
- In NetSuite, ensure that the Celigo Walmart IO Account page has the correct integration store ID populated in the Account ID field. Do not enter the account ID manually. This ensures that the order lookup is successful when you run the flow.
For more information on placing an order for an item, see Seller Center - Order Management.
- In integrator.io, access Settings > Order (WFS) > Shipping and perform the following actions:
- Click Map Ship Methods to map the shipping method in Walmart and NetSuite.
- Select Use Custom Default Value in the Action to take if unique match not found setting.
- Select a value in the Default Lookup Value field.
- Click Save.
- Enable the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) flow.
Now you are ready to import your first order.
- Access Settings > Order (WFS) > Orders.
- Enter the "Walmart Fulfillment Services order ID" (noted in Step 2 of the Prerequisites section) in the Walmart Fulfillment Services order IDs setting.
- Click Save to run the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flow. The order details for the order ID entered will be synced with NetSuite.
- Access the Dashboard tab to check if the order details were synced successfully or not. The status of the flow will change from Queued to In Progress to Completed.
- If the job status shows Completed with a success count as 1, this indicates that the order has been successfully added into NetSuite and you can directly go to Step #5.
- If the job status shows Errored with an error count as 1, this indicates the order import has failed. In this case, use the following steps to resolve the error:
- Click on the View button next to the error count on the same job to know why the order import failed.
- Fix the error and retry the same job using the Retry button.
Note: As NetSuite does not report all errors with an order at once, you may need to resolve the errors one by one as they appear till the order is successfully added into NetSuite.
- Access your NetSuite account and put the same "Walmart Fulfillment Services Order Id" in the global search box to find the order record created in NetSuite for the corresponding order in Walmart.
You can configure the settings available under Settings > Order (WFS) to suit your business needs. To know how to configure the settings, see Configure settings for Walmart Fulfillment Services orders.
For Walmart Fulfillment Services, we have enabled the option to update the customer data in the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) and the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flows. There is no separate flow for updating customer data.
Provide the internal ID(s) of NetSuite customers in a comma-separated format in the Allocate Walmart Fulfillment Service orders to these NetSuite customers setting under Settings > Order (WFS) > Customers. Based on the number of customer IDs you provide, during order sync to NetSuite, the Walmart Fulfillment Service orders are equally allocated among the mentioned customers. This setting lets you skip the creation of new customer records in NetSuite for each new order from Walmart.
If this setting is blank, the customer data of the Walmart Fulfillment Services order will be synced to NetSuite. A duplicate check will be done for all the customer data to check if there is an existing customer record in NetSuite. If a customer record exists in NetSuite, the Walmart Fulfillment Services order will be mapped to the existing customer record. If there is no match for existing customers, a new customer record will be created in NetSuite and the Walmart Fulfillment Services order will be mapped to it.
The Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) flow is used to sync data for bulk orders with delivered status to NetSuite. The Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flow is used to sync data for certain orders, with the option to enter up to 10 order IDs (separated by a comma). The on-demand flow can also be used to sync orders with any order status (including orders that are not in delivered status) to NetSuite.
Some features of the order data flow include:
- You can schedule the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) flow to sync data automatically for bulk orders. The frequency to sync the data automatically for bulk orders can be customized using presets from 15 minutes to once a week or by selecting a duration of your choice. To know how to schedule the order data flow, see Scheduling flows.
- Syncs Walmart Fulfillment Services orders that are in the delivered status and saves them in NetSuite as either Sales Orders or Invoices or Cash Sales.
- On-demand sync of Walmart Fulfillment Services orders with NetSuite can be done by providing up to 10 Walmart Fulfillment Services order IDs, each order separated by a comma.
- Pre-built functionality to prevent duplicate orders.
- Pre-built functionality to prevent Walmart seller fulfilled orders from being added as Walmart Fulfillment Services orders.
- Variances in taxes/shipping costs/order totals between NetSuite and Walmart are reported on the sales order.
Ship methods must be configured separately in both systems by clients. The integration app allows unlimited ship method mappings.
You must configure the tax codes separately in NetSuite and Walmart. In order for tax totals to match between systems, the tax tables/rules must be identical in both systems.
Note: GST (Goods and Service Tax) is not supported
- The integration app only requires the SKUs to match on Walmart Fulfillment Services item and NetSuite item, regardless of the item type in either system.
- Simple (Inventory, serialized, and lot item types), Matrix, Kit item types are supported.
Note: NetSuite Assembly items that are not pre-built and NetSuite items configured as ‘Item Group’ type items are not supported at this time.
When adding line items to the NetSuite sales order, the item SKU field mapping that you have specified is used to look up the equivalent item in NetSuite, given that each Walmart item SKU is provided for each item on the Walmart Fulfillment Services order. By default, we use the Item Name/Number field in NetSuite, but this mapping may be configured to look in any other text field that you prefer in NetSuite, including a custom field you may have created.
Important: If the field used to map to the Walmart item SKU is empty for a given item or does not contain an exact case-sensitive match to the SKU provided in the Order Feed, the integration app will have no way to identify which item should be used on the Sales Order and will fail to import the order. An error message will be generated, and an email alert will be sent to notify your team.
Once the order is successfully created, the financial totals calculated by NetSuite are compared to those calculated by Walmart. The following data is compared and checked for a variance:
- Grand Total
- Tax Total
- Shipping Tax Total
- Shipping Total
If a variance is found for any one of these totals, the sales order in NetSuite is updated with those amounts on the Walmart tab of the Sales Order in the fields shown below.
The integration app creates custom fields in NetSuite labeled “eTail Order Id”, “eTail Merchant Order Id” and “eTail Channel”. The “Walmart Fulfillment Services purchaseorderId” field is mapped to the “eTail Order ID” and the “Walmart Fulfillment Services customerorderId” field is mapped to the “eTail Merchant Order Id” fields in NetSuite. While importing a new sales order, the integration app first checks whether there is an existing sales order in NetSuite with the same “Walmart Fulfillment Services purchaseorderId” (mapped with the “eTail Order Id” in NetSuite) as the mapped sales order from Walmart. If the search finds a match, the new order is considered a duplicate and not imported.
It is possible that the order total might not match between the two systems if information such as tax rates do not match. The integration app calculates the variance related to the order total. After each order is imported into NetSuite, the integration app immediately compares the calculated totals with what was sent from Walmart. These fields include Tax Total, Ship Total, and Order Total. If there is a difference between the values calculated by NetSuite and the values sent from Walmart, the difference is stored in one of the variance custom fields on the sales order. You may report on these fields in NetSuite on a periodic basis and adjust your G/L with a journal entry if variance values exist.
You can manually trigger the data flow using the Walmart (WFS) order to NetSuite order (add) (on-demand sync) flow to sync Walmart Fulfillment Services orders with any order status (including orders that are not in delivered status) to NetSuite. Customer data associated with the order is also automatically moved into NetSuite.
- Go to Settings > Order (WFS) > Orders.
- Enter the Walmart Fulfillment Services order IDs that needs to be synced in the Walmart Fulfillment Services order ID(s) setting. You can enter up to 10 order IDs separated by a comma.
Note: If you enter Walmart seller fulfilled order IDs or an invalid order ID in the Walmart Fulfillment Services order ID(s) setting, an error message will be displayed.
- Update the other settings as needed. To understand each of the available settings in detail, see Order Settings.
- Click Save. The flow will run automatically and the orders will be synced with NetSuite.