Meta is a photo and video-sharing social networking service. It supports multiple advertising types across Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, and Messenger.
Set up a connection
After you start the connection, configure it in the Create connection panel and complete all of the required * authentication settings.
|Name your connection *||Enter a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting it from a list of the connections in your account.|
|API type *||Choose the API type, depending on the Meta API type you're connecting to (Instagram Ads or Facebook Ads). The settings then become specific to the selected API type.|
|OAuth 2.0 client *||
Select the OAuth 2.0 client that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Meta.
Scopes are OAuth 2.0 permissions that the Meta API defines to limit access to your account.
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see OAuth 2.0 auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your Facebook developer account.
- Navigate to My apps.
- Click Create app. For more information, see Create an app.
- From Select an app type, select the required app type, and click Next.
- Enter App name and App contact email.
- Read the Policies and click Create app. You will be navigated to the created app page.
- Navigate to Settings > Basic.
- Copy App ID.
- Copy App secret.
- Click Save.
Note: This article is concerned only with the settings needed for creating OAuth 2.0 client for Meta. For complete field documentation, see Create a new iClient.
- Name (required): Enter the required iClient name.
- Client ID (required): Enter client ID (retrieved from the above section).
- Client secret (required): Enter client secret (retrieved from the above section). Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Click Save.