Tokens are required to access the integrator.io API. You can use the integrator.io API to perform add/edit/delete operations on any resource in your account. It also contains functions that allow you to synchronously migrate data in and out of any application that integrator.io can connect with, creating “virtual” imports and exports on the fly.
- Generate an API token
- Manage and retrieve the API token
- Token notifications
An API token provides authentication to integrator.io from the third-party endpoint, for the resources that you specify. An account owner can create an API token that applies to an account or an Integration App, as follows:
- Turn on Developer mode to be able to view and modify the tokens.
- Create the token in one of the following ways:
- Common to your integrator.io account – Open API tokens from the Resources menu. Click + New API token at the top right.
- Specific to an Integration App – In the Integration App’s dashboard, open the Admin tab, click the API tokens setting. Click + New API token at the top right.
Name (required): Provide a meaningful name to distinguish it from other tokens in the list.
Description (optional): Enter any identifying characteristics of this API token item.
Auto purge token (required): Select the time after which the token should be automatically purged from the system.
Note: If you are unable to generate long-lived API tokens (tokens with expiration limits beyond one hour), you need to have an API Management license added to your account. An API Management license allows you to create tokens that are valid for longer than one hour. API Management licenses are included in Enterprise plans and are available for purchase in Standard, Professional, and Premium plans.
Scope (required): Set the access permissions for your token:
- Full access – tokens provisioned at the account level have unrestricted permissions to your integrator.io account. No further scopes need to be selected.
- Custom – tokens can be created with only minimal permissions to specific resources in your integrator.io account, and they can only be used to invoke very specific integrator.io APIs. Multiple selections are allowed for the custom scopes chosen below.
Connections (enabled for custom scopes, optional): Select the connections that this token will be able to access.
Exports (enabled for custom scopes, optional): Select the exports that this token will be able to access.
Imports (enabled for custom scopes, optional): Select the imports that this token will be able to access.
My APIs (enabled for custom scopes, optional): Select the My APIs that this token will be able to access.
Save or Save & close (required): Click to save your new token.
You can manage your tokens in the API tokens page or the Integration App’s Admin tab; several options are available under Action:
- Edit API token
- View audit log
- Revoke API token
- Generate new API token
To copy the token, click Show token and select the copy button ( ).
Every time a change is made to a token, or if a token is viewed in plain text (to expose the actual token), an email notification is sent to the account owner to inform them of the activity. This is a security measure, to make account owners aware of any activity involving their tokens.
Note that the actual token is never revealed in the email or via the user interface, unless the user with access permissions actively clicks to view the token.