Celigo eBay - NetSuite Integration App auto-billing feature helps you automatically generate an Invoice or a Cash Sale for a NetSuite Sales Order. Eliminating the need for manual intervention each time an order is received from eBay.
Switching on the flows under the Settings > Integration Flows > Billing section of the Integration App enables automatic generation of Invoice or Cash Sale each time an order is received from eBay.
The billing section of the eBay Integration App consists of the following flows that are to be switched on.
- NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add
- NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add
- Ensure that the orders in your eBay account also exist in NetSuite. You can run Celigo’s eBay Order to NetSuite Order Add in the Order section to ensure all your eBay orders are synced to NetSuite.
- Your billing flows are switched on.
- Verify, update, and add field mappings to your billing flows as per your requirements.
3. Auto-Billing Workflow
Assumption: It is assumed that you have already scheduled the flows under the Settings > Integration Flows > Order section that brings in eBay order and customer details into NetSuite as a Sales Order.
Once the auto-billing flows are scheduled and executed, the Integration App identifies the value (Pending Billing or Pending Fulfillment) set in the Status filter of Celigo eBay Auto-Billing Export Search to determine the orders for which a Cash Sale or an Invoice needs to be generated.
Note: The orders in the Pending Billing or Pending Fulfillment state must be fulfilled so that the Integration App can determine whether a Cash Sale or an Invoice has to be generated.
Once the order is fulfilled, the Integration App then checks the Sales Order > Billing > Payment Method field to check whether a Cash Sale or an Invoice has to be generated.
Note: An Invoice is generated if the Payment Method field is empty. Otherwise, a Cash Sale is generated.
Once an Invoice or a Cash Sale record is created for the Sales Order, the Integration App also updates the status of the Sales Order to Billed. In addition, under the eTail tab of the Sales Order, the ETAIL ORDER AUTO BILLING EXPORTED checkbox is automatically selected after the successful creation of an Invoice or a Cash Sale. Once the checkbox is selected for a Sales Order, the record is ignored when you run the auto-bill flow again.
4. Configure and Customize Auto-Billing Flows
To configure auto-billing for your eBay - NetSuite Integration App:
1. Go to Settings > Integration Flows > Billing.
2. Click the toggle button to switch on the NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add and NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add.
3. Under Advanced Settings, from the drop-down list box, select the pre-built saved search Celigo eBay Auto-Billing Export Search.
Note: In NetSuite, you can also edit the pre-built saved search and save it with a different name if your criteria to fetch the records for auto-billing is different.
4. Under Advanced Settings, from the drop-down list box, select the Sales Order using which auto-billing has to be triggered.
- Pending Fulfillment: When you select this option, the NetSuite Saved Search auto-bills the orders with status as Pending Fulfillment.
Note: Billing has to be completed in eBay for such orders before they are imported in NetSuite. To maintain the consistency of order status in eBay and NetSuite, you must select this option so that order is billed before it is fulfilled in NetSuite.
- Pending Billing: When you select this option, the NetSuite Saved Search auto bills the orders with status as Pending Billing.
- If the flows are configured to trigger on orders post-fulfillment, the orders are auto-billed only when they are completely fulfilled.
- Partially fulfilled orders are not picked for auto-billing.
- When an authorized order is imported into NetSuite, the expectation is to fulfill the order before you actually bill the customer who has placed the order. In NetSuite, the order status changes to Pending Billing once you fulfill an order. This drop-down value ensures that all orders whose status is Pending Billing are picked for Invoice or cash sale generation.
The value you select for the Auto-bill orders in NetSuite when the status is drop-down list is stored in the NetSuite Saved Search for auto-billing orders: Celigo Amazon Auto-Billing Export Search.
- Once the auto-billing flows are executed, the Integration App identifies the value (Pending Billing or Pending Fulfillment) set in the Status filter of the NetSuite Saved Search Celigo eBay Auto-Billing Export Search. This filter determines the orders for which a Cash Sale or an Invoice has to be generated.
5. Things to Remember
- When you bill a Sales Order in NetSuite, the order will be billed as a Cash Sale or an Invoice based on the Payment Method field present under the Billing tab of a Sales Order. If the field is empty, an invoice is created for the sales order. Otherwise, a cash sale is created for the Sales Order.
- You can access the history of the Invoice or a Cash Sale of a Sales Order using the Sales Order > History. The tab displays the basic details of the associated Invoice or Cash Sale of a Sales Order.