*This flow is available only for our Integration App Premium Edition customers.
The NetSuite Item Fulfillment to Salesforce Item Fulfillment flow syncs shipping and fulfillment information from NetSuite to Salesforce in real-time. When you fulfill a sales order in NetSuite, a new Item Fulfillment record is created in NetSuite and the Integration App syncs it to a Salesforce Item Fulfillment custom record.
The Integration App syncs the NetSuite Item Fulfillment record with the Salesforce custom Item Fulfillment object. When you create or update an Item Fulfillment record for a Sales Order, the Integration App associates the data with the Item Fulfillment flow based on the configuration in the flow Field Mappings. The Integration App syncs partially and completely fulfilled orders from NetSuite to Salesforce using a single tracking number for each fulfillment record.
Your support and sales teams now have shipment visibility in Salesforce that allows them to view Item Fulfillment data such as Shipping Method, Fulfillment Quantity, and Tracking Number for an Order.
Understand how the flow works
If you want to fulfill a Salesforce Order with Items listed on NetSuite, make sure that you sync NetSuite items with Salesforce Products.
- The Flow creates a Fulfillment record along with Fulfillment lines for all the NetSuite Item Types.
- If you have a Serialized, Bin or Lot numbered Item Type on the NetSuite Item Fulfillment record, the flow automatically creates a Salesforce Asset record against the associated Account and links the asset with a fulfillment line.
There are two ways to create a Sales Order:
You create a NetSuite Sales Order from a Salesforce Opportunity
After you update a Salesforce Opportunity status to Closed or Won, the Integration App creates a corresponding Account (if, there isn’t one already) and a Sales Order in NetSuite using the flow. Once you approve the Sales Order, you can create an Item Fulfillment record.
When you create or update your NetSuite Item Fulfillment record, the “NetSuite Item Fulfillment to SalesForce Item Fulfillment” flow syncs the record back to Salesforce Item Fulfillment in real-time.
You create a Sales Order in NetSuite
You can create a Sales Order for cash and online transactions in NetSuite. Sales Orders are either created manually (in case of cash transactions) or automatically (in case of online payments). Once you approve the Sales Order, you can create an Item Fulfillment record.
When you create or update your NetSuite Item Fulfillment record, the “NetSuite Item Fulfillment to SalesForce Item Fulfillment” flow syncs back the record to Salesforce Item Fulfillment in real-time.
Before you set up the flow
Before you configure the flow in NetSuite, ensure that you Adjust your NetSuite Inventory. To know more about Adjusting Inventories, refer to your NetSuite Documentation.
Item types Supported:
- Inventory (Serialized and Lot)
- Item Group
- Assembly (Serialized and Lot)
- Service Items
Configure and run the flow
- From your integrator.io Home page, click Salesforce - NetSuite Integration App tile.
- Navigate to Settings > Integration Flows > Item Fulfillment
- Enable the “NetSuite Item Fulfillment to Salesforce Item Fulfillment flow”.
- From your NetSuite account, click on Transaction at the top and navigate to Sales > Fulfil Orders > List
- Add or update an Item Fulfillment record in your NetSuite account and click Save.
The “NetSuite Item Fulfillment to Salesforce Item Fulfillment flow” will sync your data in real-time. You can view your Job Status by clicking the Dashboard icon to the top right of your Integration App screen.
Custom lookup field to identify the related opportunity on the Salesforce Asset object
You need to add the below field mapping in Post Assets to Salesforce mapping in order to see the Opportunity link with the asset. Dynamic lookup is not necessary in this case as you are directly sending the ID.
Find the mappings below:
Configure Item Fulfillment in Salesforce
Configure the Item Fulfillment record visibility in Salesforce
You need to set the visibility of the Item Fulfillment records before you can view them in Salesforce. You can configure the Item Fulfillment record visibility on Accounts, Orders, and Opportunities tabs, as shown below:
- From the top of your Salesforce home page, click Accounts (Opportunities or Orders tab.)
- Click an Account record to view it in detail. From the top right, click Edit Layout.
- In the Enhanced Page Layout Editor, click Related Lists from the palette.
- You’ll find the Item Fulfillments element in the list of interface elements. Select and drag the Item Fulfillment element and drop it in the Page Layout.
- Once you’re done, from the top left on the Palette, click Save.
Configure the Item Fulfillment tab in Salesforce
To view Item Fulfillment records, you need to configure the Fulfillment tab visibility in Salesforce.
- From the top right of your Salesforce home page, click Setup and search for “Tabs” in the Quick Find/Search bar.
- From the navigation panel to the left, click Tabs.
- From the Custom Object Tabs menu, click New and select Item Fulfillment in the Object list.
- Choose your Tab Style and enter a brief note about the tab in the Description text box. Click Next.
- Choose the user profiles for which the new custom tab will be available. You may also examine or alter the visibility of tabs from the detail and edit pages of each profile. Click Next.
- Choose the custom apps for which the new custom tab will be available. You may also examine or alter the visibility of tabs from the detail and edit pages of each Custom App. Click Save
Find your Item Fulfillments in Salesforce
If your flow is configured correctly:
- Item Fulfillment records will automatically sync to Item Fulfillment and Fulfillment Line custom objects in Salesforce.
- The flow automatically creates an Asset record for orders originating from NetSuite.
- Assets appear as related lists under Fulfillment Line.
Check out our community forum to ask questions and get insightful tips on Item Fulfillments from our community members.