Marketo provides clients with various marketing automation features to improve a company's ability to reach out to its customer base. Marketing automation software engages customers, email marketing capabilities create conversations, lead management delivers sales, and revenue attribution captures customer interactions.
Additional reference: Supported Marketo APIs
- A. Set up a Marketo connection
- B. Edit Marketo application details
- C. Edit advanced Marketo settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Marketo in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Marketo.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Marketo authentication.
Name (required): Name the connection.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing. The form will automatically select Marketo.
Subdomain: Enter your Marketo subdomain. To find your subdomain, log in to your Marketo account. The subdomain is present in browser URL. For example, in
'591-vse-736.mktorest.com' is the subdomain.
Client Id (required): Enter the client Id. Use the following steps to find your client Id:
Client Secret (required): Enter the client secret. Use the following steps to get the client secret:
- Log in to your Marketo account.
- Navigate to Admin > Users.
- Click Admin and LaunchPoint.
- Select the custom service and click View Details.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Marketo connection.
Once you have configured the Marketo connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.