Constant Contact is a digital marketing tool that focuses on effective email marketing and other online marketing campaigns to meet business goals.
- A. Set up a Constant Contact connection
- B. Provide required Constant Contact application details
- C. Edit advanced Constant Contact settings
- D. Save and authorize
Start establishing a connection to Constant Contact in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working on a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, select Constant Contact.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Constant Contact authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Version type (required): Select one of the API versions, either V2 or V3 depending on the Constant Contact API version you're using.
IClient (required, if Version type is selected as V3; otherwise not displayed): Select the iClient that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Constant Contact. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Provide a clear and distinguishable name to use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Navigate to the Constant Contact API developer portal.
- Click My applications. The Constant Contact Sign in page appears.
- Enter the username and password of your Constant Contact account.
- Click Log in. The My applications page appears.
Note: If you have already created an application, you can copy the Client ID and Client secret of the required application. Otherwise, follow the steps below to create a Client ID and Client secret.
- Click New application.
- Enter the Name and configure the application settings according to your business requirements.
- Click Save. The My applications page appears.
- Click the application and copy the API key (Client ID).
- Click Generate Secret and copy the Client secret.
- Click Close.
Redirect URL (read-only, if Version type is selected as V3; otherwise not displayed): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to Constant Contacts for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Constant Contact connection.
To save and authorize the Constant Contact connection:
- Click the Save & authorize button to commit your changes and proceed to log in with Constant Contact.
- Enter the Username and Password of your registered Constant Contact account.
- Click Log in.
- Click Allow to grant permission and establish the connection.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.