Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support platform that helps in email ticketing, live chat, and phone support to your customers.
- A. Set up a Freshdesk connection
- B. Provide required Freshdesk application details
- C. Edit advanced Freshdesk settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Freshdesk in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Freshdesk.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Freshdesk authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Subdomain (required): Enter your Freshdesk subdomain. To find your subdomain, sign in to your Freshdesk account. For example, if
https://mycompany.freshdesk.com is the URL, then
mycompany is your subdomain.
API key (required): Enter the API key provided to you by Freshdesk. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this API key again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Freshdesk account.
- Navigate to Profile > Profile Settings > Your API key.
- Copy the API key.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Freshdesk connection.
Once you have configured the Freshdesk connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.