- A. Set up an Okta connection
- B. Edit Okta application details
- C. Edit advanced Okta settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Okta in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Okta.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Okta authentication.
Name (required): Name the connection.
Connection type (required): The form will automatically select Okta.
Okta domain (required): Enter your Okta domain. You can find your domain by logging in to your Okta account.
- Sign in to your Okta organization with your administrator account.
- Look for the Okta domain in the global header located in the upper-right corner of the dashboard..
- Your Okta domain looks like one of these examples:
- See Okta Organizations for more information on the types of Okta organizations.
Token (required): Enter the token. Use the following steps to get the token:
- Log in to your Okta account.
- Click API > Tokens.
- Click Create Token.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Okta connection.
Once you have configured the Okta connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.