If you have Serialized/Lot Numbered items, it is mandatory to provide inventory details to create any posting transaction. When you select the Auto-assign inventory detail to Lot Numbered/Serialized items box in the General tab and if your order has Serialized/Lot Numbered items, the “Shopify Order to NetSuite Cash Sale Add” and “Shopify Refund to NetSuite Cash Refund Add” auto-assigns the inventory details to the Serialized/Lot Numbered Items.
When you select the Auto-assign inventory detail to Lot Numbered/Serialized items box in the General tab and if your order has Serialized/Lot Numbered items,
- The “Shopify Order to NetSuite Cash Sale Add” flow automatically assigns the inventory details. The flow assigns the inventory detail of the Serialized items based on the lowest internal ID and the Lot Numbered items based on the recent expiry date.
Example: If a Shopify order has 2 Lot Numbered items, the first Lot Numbered item expiration is August 22nd and the second Lot Numbered item expiration is June 11th, while automatically assigning the inventory detail, the flow checks the recent expiry date and available quantity. The Lot Numbered item with a recent expiry date, that is June 11th that has some available quantity is picked and automatically assigned.
- The Shopify Refund to NetSuite Cash Refund Add” flow assigns the inventory details from the cash sale record and,
- For full refund: The items in the cash sale are assigned in the cash refund record.
- For partial refund: The flow fetches the inventory details from the cash sale record based on the quantity being refunded. A Serialized/Lot Numbered item can be refunded only once. While assigning the inventory detail, if the serialized/lot numbered item is already refunded in NetSuite and if you trying to refund the same item again, an error is displayed. In this scenario, the quantity to be refunded is more than the quantity available in the cash sale inventory.
- With restock: If you have to restock the refund items, assign the selected inventory from the cash sale record to the refund line items. The corresponding inventory numbers are assigned and a cash refund record is created.
- Without restock: If you don’t restock the refund items, the quantity of the refunded item must be 0. Select a non-inventory item from the Substitute item for Lot/Serialized items in NetSuite setting (Settings > Refund > Shopify to NetSuite tab). The selected non-inventory is added as a substitute item for the Lot Numbered/Serialized items during refund. In Shopify, when you refund items without any restock, this non-inventory item is added as a default line item with quantity zero in the cash refund record. In NetSuite, if you enable the inventory status feature, the regular line items are also replaced with the selected substitute item.
For kit inventory items that have serialized or lot numbered items, the Integration App can’t create a refund line due to NetSuite limitation. Select a non-inventory item selected in the Substitute item for Bin/Lot numbered/Serialized item setting (Settings > Refund section > Shopify to NetSuite tab) to replace the kit item with the selected non-inventory item. The selected non-inventory item is the substitute item for the bin, lot numbered, serialized, and kit inventory items (that has at least one lot numbered/serial items) during refund. When you refund items without any restock, this selected item is added as a line item with quantity zero on the NetSuite cash refund. In NetSuite, if you enable inventory status, the regular line items are replaced with the selected substitute item.
Note: For kit items with non-inventory items as member items, the kit item line is not replaced.