A. Set up a G2 connection
Start establishing a connection to G2 in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select G2.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required G2 account information
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing G2 authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
API token (required): Enter the API token provided to you by G2. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this token again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
Sign in to your account at my.g2.com. Select API tokens from the Integrations menu.
Enter a label for the token and click Create new token. Copy the Token for the API token value in your connection.
C. Edit advanced G2 settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the G2 connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the G2 connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.