ShipEngine documentation: API Guide
- A. Set up a ShipEngine connection
- B. Supply required ShipEngine account information
- C. Edit advanced ShipEngine Advanced settings
- D. Test and save
Start establishing a connection to ShipEngine in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select ShipEngine.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing ShipEngine authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, disabled): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
API key (required): Enter the API key for your ShipEngine app. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
Sign in to your registered ShipEngine account. If you have a Sandbox subscription, you can navigate to Sandbox and click Create new key:
If you have a Production account, you can find the API keys under the API management page.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the ShipEngine connection.
Once you have configured the ShipEngine connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Test – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
- Test and save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Cancel– click to exit without saving any new changes
When you select Test or Test and save , the connection is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.