A. Set up a dotdigital connection
Start establishing a connection to dotdigital in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select dotdigital.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required dotdigital account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for providing dotdigital authentication:
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Region (optional): Choose the region you want to connect to.
Username (required): Enter your dotdigital API credentials username.
Password (required): Enter your dotdigital API credentials password. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s password safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Sign in to dotdigital Engagement Cloud.
- From the User settings menu at the lower left, select Access.
- The Access page opens with the default tab, API user, shown. Click New user
- Copy the provided API account Email address for your connection’s Username.
- Enter a password, confirm it, and copy that value for your connection’s Password.
- Click Save.
C. Edit advanced dotdigital settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the dotdigital connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the dotdigital connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.