A. Set up a Gainsight CS connection
Start establishing a connection to Gainsight CS in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Gainsight CS.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required Gainsight CS account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for providing Gainsight CS authentication:
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Instance URI (required): Enter the unique portion of the URI where you sign in to Gainsight CS. For example, if your URI is set up as
API key (required): Enter the API key found in the Gainsight CS admin. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Sign in to your Gainsight CS account at auth.gainsightcloud.com.
- From the menu at the left, choose Administration > Integrations > Connectors 2.0.
- Click the Connectors tab to view the built-in and custom options.
- Select Gainsight API.
- Click the + button to create a connection.
- Name the new connection.
- Generate an Access key, and copy the value for your connection’s API key, above.
- Click Create.
C. Edit advanced Gainsight CS settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Gainsight CS connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the Gainsight CS connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.
- Connect Gainsight CS to Anything
Integrate Gainsight CS, boost productivity, and unlock even more value from your business applications