A. Set up a ChannelApe connection
Start establishing a connection to ChannelApe in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, click ChannelApe.
B. Edit required ChannelApe settings
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for modifying the ChannelApe connection.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
X-Channel-Ape-Authorization-Token (required): Enter the Channel Ape authorization token. To generate a new private key visit ChannelApe and create an API account for your business. If you want to access the APIs via a user account, make a Users – Create session request, and copy that session ID for the X-Channel-Ape-Authorization-Token. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
C. Edit advanced ChannelApe settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the ChannelApe connection.
D. Test and save the connection
Once you have configured the ChannelApe connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.