- A. Set up a Google Sheets connection
- B. Describe the Google Sheets connection
- C. Supply required Google Sheets account information
- D. Edit advanced Google Sheets settings
- E. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Google Sheets in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Google Sheets.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
The Application details section contains settings for Google Sheets authentication.
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Google Sheets API defines to limit the access to your account. The following scopes are available:
|https://www.googleapis.com/auth/spreadsheets.readonly||Allows read-only access to the user's sheets and their properties.|
|https://www.googleapis.com/auth/spreadsheets||Allows read/write access to the user's sheets and their properties.|
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access both of the scopes in the API, click the » button.
– or –
Check the scope you want to add, and click the > button.
- Click Save when you’re ready to leave the editor and finish setting up your connection.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Google Sheets connection.
Once you have configured the Google Sheets connection, you have a couple options for continuing:
- Save & authorize – Click this button to test the connection and commit it so that it will be available to all integrations for your account. (If you created it within a flow it will be applied to the current source or destination app as well.)
- Cancel – Click to exit without saving any new changes
When you click Save & authorize, Google prompts you to sign in.
After signing in, review the permissions for the integration and click Allow.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. If you created it within a flow, it is applied to the current source or destination app. Otherwise, you can proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Need more help?
Check out these related topics and community posts:
- Import example: Add rows to a Google sheet
- HOW TO: Populate data into Google Sheets
- HOW TO: Extract data from Google Sheets and get data rows into name/value pairs