Google Ads is an online advertising platform that helps you create online ads to show your service offerings and product listings to web users.
- A. Set up a Google Ads connection
- B. Describe the Google Ads connection
- C. Supply required Google Ads account information
- D. Edit advanced Google Ads settings
- E. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Google Ads in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Google Ads.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Google Ads authentication.
Version (required): Enter your current Google Ads API version.
Developer token (required): Enter the developer token that integrator.io will use to make calls to the API. Use the following steps to retrieve the developer token:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Navigate to Tools and settings > Setup > API center. The API access page appears.
Note: The API center option is available only for Google Ads manager account.
- From API access, copy the Developer token.
Customer ID (required): This field is required by all API calls. You can find the client customer ID in the Accounts tab in the left pane, in your Google Ads account. If you are making a call to a client account through a manager account, you must also provide the Login customer ID. If you are making calls to a manager account, the same value must be entered in both this field AND the Login customer ID field. Use the following steps to retrieve your customer ID.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the help icon (?) and copy the Customer ID.
Login customer ID (required): Enter the Google Ads customer ID of the manager making the API call. This value is required for Google Ads API calls made by a manager to a client account. When specifying the Customer ID or Login customer ID, remove all hyphens (-). For example, if your Customer ID or Login customer ID is
Note: If you are making API calls directly to a manager account, enter the same value entered in the Customer ID field.
IClient (required): Select the iClient that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Google Ads. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Provide a clear and distinguishable name to use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Google Developer Console account.
- Create a new project or select an existing one.
- In the search bar, type Google Ads API and click Enable.
- Navigate to APIs & Services.
- Make sure to configure your OAuth consent screen with appropriate info.
- Navigate to Credentials > Create Credentials and click OAuth client ID. The Create OAuth client ID page appears.
- From the Application type drop-down list, select the Web application.
- Provide the Name, paste the redirect URL of integrator.io in the Authorized redirect URIs, and click Create.
- Copy your ClientID and Client secret.
Redirect URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io callback URL to provide directions to Google Ads for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Google Ads connection.
Once you have configured the Google Ads connection, you have a couple of options for continuing:
- Save & authorize – Click this button to test the connection and commit it so that it will be available to all integrations for your account. (If you created it within a flow it will be applied to the current source or destination app as well.)
- Cancel – Click to exit without saving any new changes
When you click Save & authorize, Google prompts you to sign in.
After signing in, review the permissions for the integration and click Allow.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. If you created it within a flow, it is applied to the current source or destination app. Otherwise, you can proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Need more help?
Check out these related topics and community posts:
- Import example: Add rows to a Google sheet
- HOW TO: Populate data into Google Ads
- HOW TO: Extract data from Google Sheets and get data rows into name/value pairs