Google Ads is online advertising platform that helps to promote your business, sell products or services, raise awareness, and increase traffic to your website.
Set up a connection
After you start the connection, configure it in the Create connection panel and complete all of the required * authentication settings:
|Name your connection *
|Enter a clear and distinguishable name.
Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting it from a list of the connections in your account.
|Enter your Google Ads version. For example,
|OAuth 2.0 client *
Select the OAuth 2.0 client that stores the client ID and client secret provided by Google Ads.
To add an OAuth 2.0 client and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected OAuth 2.0 client. For more information, see Create an OAuth 2.0 iClient resource.
|Developer token *
|Enter your Google Ads account developer token.
Multiple layers of protection, including AES 256 encryption, are in place to keep your developer token safe. When editing this connection, you must re-enter this value each time; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
How to retrieve the developer token
|Customer ID *
Enter your Google Ads account customer ID.
If you are making a call to a client account through a manager account, you must also provide the Login customer ID. If you are making calls to a manager account, the same value must be entered in both this field and the Login customer ID field.
While you specify the Customer ID, remove all hyphens (-). For example, if your Customer ID is
|Login customer ID *
Enter the Google Ads customer ID of the manager making the API call. This value is required for Google Ads API calls made by a manager to a client account.
Note: If you are making API calls directly to a manager account, enter the same value entered in the Customer ID field.
While you specify the Login customer ID, remove all hyphens (-). For example, if your Login customer ID is
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see OAuth 2.0 auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your Google Developer Console account.
- Create a new project or select an existing one.
- In the search bar, type Google Ads API and click Enable.
- Navigate to APIs and services.
- Make sure to configure your OAuth consent screen with the required information. For detailed information, see Configure the OAuth consent screen.
- Navigate to Credentials > Create credentials and click OAuth client ID. The Create OAuth client ID page appears.
- From the Application type drop-down list, select the Web application.
- Provide a Name.
- Paste the integrator.io redirect URL in the Authorized redirect URIs, and click Create.
- For NA: paste
- For EU: paste
- For NA: paste
- Copy your Client ID and Client secret.
- Sign in to your Google Ads manager account.
- Navigate to Tools and settings > Setup > API center. The API access page appears.
- Copy the Developer token. For detailed information, see Obtain a developer token.
Note: The API center option is available only for the Google Ads manager account.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
Your customer ID displays at the top right corner of the portal.
Copy the Customer ID/Login customer ID.
Click Save and authorize to commit your changes and proceed to sign in with Google Ads.
After signing in, review the permissions for the integration and click Allow.