Integration app developers can offer customers free trials from the integrator.io Marketplace (U.S. | EU). The free trial automatically ends after the expiration date, when all flows are disabled unless the customer converts to a paid subscription.
When you publish an Integration app with a free trial, the clock starts when the prospective customer installs your app. You will receive notification and be able to view the current trials under Resources > Integration apps > License, but no manual licensing or commitment to implementation or service is required on your part.
Free trials are intended to shorten your presales cycle by eliminating demos and appealing to those prospective customers who prefer self-evaluation and resist contacting sales.
In addition, skilled users will be further along in their implementation journey since they would have already set up and configured their key integration flows according to your documentation and intuitive settings.
You can apply a trial period to any Integration app that you’ve already published, as follows:
- From the integrator.io Resources menu, select Integration apps.
- From the Integration apps list, click an application to modify its settings. The Edit Integration app panel opens.
- Expand the Trials section at the bottom of the panel to enable this feature and customize the trial period:
- Enable trials (optional): Click to offer the trial version.
- Trial period (required, when trials enabled): Choose a 14-, 30-, or 60-day trial.
- Trial license template (required): The template defines a dummy license record that will serve as the default license configuration for all trial licenses. Select a template you’ve already configured. Or, click + to create a template, or the Edit () button to modify one, with the following options:
- Email (required, non-editable): Enter any email address; for future use.
- Environment (required): Select either Sandbox or Production environment; for future use.
- Options (optional): Provide additional JSON fields to define options such as the edition you want to offer as part of the trial.
- Click Save & close.
While browsing the Marketplace, prospective customers will be able to install your Integration app on demand, instead of the familiar Request a demo button. Clicking Start free trial initiates the integration app’s setup.
Unlimited use of the Integration app thus begins. On the integrator.io homepage, the integration tile reminds the customer of the impending end of the trial period, with the option to contact you to Buy the license.
Once the term has ended, the flows are disabled and the options switch to Buy and Uninstall alongside a reminder of the passed expiration date.