Additional reference: Supported Zenefits APIs
Zenefits is a human resource software focusing on payroll and health insurance coverage. It also has features for time tracking, onboarding and employee record-keeping, performance, well-being, and collaboration. Zenefits
- A. Set up a Zenefits connection
- B. Edit Zenefits application details
- C. Edit advanced Zenefits settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Zenefits in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Zenefits.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Zenefits authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
App key (required): Enter the unique app key provided by Zenefits to retrieve your app key. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Log in to your Zenefits account.
- On the dashboard, navigate to Company Profile > Custom Integrations.
- Unmask and copy the token. If none exists yet, click “Add Token” and select the required scopes to create a new token.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zenefits connection.
Once you have configured the Zenefits connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.