OrangeHRM is an open-source HRIS for people management, culture, talent management, and compensation.
Additional reference: Supported OrangeHRM APIs
- A. Set up an OrangeHRM connection
- B. Edit OrangeHRM application details
- C. Edit advanced OrangeHRM settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to OrangeHRM in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select OrangeHRM.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing OrangeHRM authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Subdomain (required): Enter your OrangeHRM instance URL. For example, if https://recruit14.orangehrm.com is your instance, then type recruit14 for this setting.
Username (required): Enter the username for your OrangeHRM account.
Password (required): Enter the password for your OrangeHRM account. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s password safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
iClient (required): Select the iClient pair that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by OrangeHRM. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Be sure to give the iClient a recognizable name for use in any other connections.
Redirect URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to OrangeHRM for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
- Sign into your OrangeHRM account.
- Navigate to Admin > Configuration > Authentication > OAuth Clients.
- Specify the client ID and grant type when registering an OAuth Client. The secure client secret is auto-generated.
- You need to request a token by passing the relevant parameters for the grant type (for the password grant type use 'password', and for client credentials grant type use 'client_credentials').
- After providing the necessary information for the parameters of the relevant grant type, send a 'POST' request to the token issuing endpoint. The URL for this is https://:ohrmInstance/oauth/issueToken, with the :ohrmInstance being your subdomain.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the OrangeHRM connection.
Once you have configured the OrangeHRM connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.