Omnisend is an email marketing, automated email, and SMS tool focused for ecommerce.
A. Set up an Omnisend connection
Start establishing a connection to Omnisend in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Omnisend.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required Omnisend account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for providing Omnisend authentication:
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
API key (required): Enter the unique API key provided by Omnisend. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign into your Omnisend account at app.omnisend.com.
- From the account avatar at the top right, select Store settings.
- From the Store settings menu, select Integrations & API > API keys.
- On the resulting Store settings > API keys page, click Create API KEY+.
- Name the key, select its permissions, and click Save.
- Copy the API key for your connection.
C. Select advanced Omnisend settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Omnisend connection.
D. Test and Save
Once you have configured the Omnisend connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you select any option except Close, the connection is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.