PagerDuty is an incident management platform that provides reliable notifications, automatic escalations, on-call scheduling, and other functionality to help teams detect and fix infrastructure problems quickly.
Set up a connection
This video demonstrates creating a PagerDuty connection.
After you start the connection, configure it in the Create connection panel and complete all of the required * authentication settings:
|Name your connection *||Enter a clear and distinguishable name.
Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting it from a list of the connections in your account.
|API type||Choose PagerDuty for this connection. The settings then become specific to the selected API type.|
|Auth type *||Select OAuth 2.0 as the authentication type for this connection (the token option is described separately).|
|OAuth 2.0 client *||
To add an OAuth 2.0 client and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected OAuth 2.0 client. For more information, see Create an OAuth 2.0 iClient resource.
How to retrieve client ID and client secret
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see OAuth 2.0 auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your PagerDuty developer account.
- Navigate to Integrations > Developer tools > App registration.
- Click Create new app. The Build an app page opens.
- Enter App name.
- Enter a Description.
- From Functionality, select Scoped OAuth or Classic user OAuth according to your requirement
- In Redirect URL, copy and paste the URL mentioned below depending on your instance:
- For NA: paste
- For EU: paste
- For NA: paste
- Click Add.
- Check the Scopes according to your requirement.
- Click Save. The New client secret message appears.
- Copy Client ID.
- Copy Client secret. For more information, see OAuth functionality.
Important: If you do not copy your client ID and secret, you cannot see them again.