MessageMedia is a business SMS and unified messaging service provider that helps businesses connect with customers. When you integrate MessageMedia with your CRM, it keeps your contacts, messages, and more in sync.
- A. Set up a MessageMedia connection
- B. Describe the MessageMedia connection
- C. Provide required MessageMedia account information
- D. Edit advanced MessageMedia settings
- E. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to MessageMedia in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select MessageMedia.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing MessageMedia authentication.
API key (required): Enter the API key of your MessageMedia account.
API secret (required): Enter the API secret of your MessageMedia account. Multiple layers of protection, including AES 256 encryption, are in place to keep your API secret safe. When editing this connection, you must re-enter this value each time; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your MessageMedia account.
- Navigate to Configuration > API Settings.
- Click Create new key to generate a new key and secret. Create basic API key panel opens.
- Enter the API key label name.
- Click Create key.
- Copy the new API key and secret.
Important: If you do not copy your new API token now, you will need to create another API key and API secret the next time you need to retrieve them as plain text; they will not be shown again.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the MessageMedia connection.
Once you have configured the MessageMedia connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.