Copper is a CRM tool that focuses on productivity and simplicity. It is famous for its Google Workspace integration. Thousands of SMBs use Copper to manage leads and customers effectively and to build better relationships to drive lasting revenue.
- A. Set up a Copper connection
- B. Describe the Copper connection
- C. Provide required Copper account information
- D. Edit advanced Copper settings
- E. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Copper in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Copper.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Copper authentication.
API key (required): Enter the API key provided to you by Copper. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this API key again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
Email ID (required): Enter the Copper account email ID.
- Sign in to your Copper account.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > API Keys.
- Copy your API key.
Tip: To create an API key, you can click Generate API key.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Copper connection.
Once you have configured the Copper connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.