Drift is a revenue acceleration platform that brings your market teams together to deliver a personalized customer experience in real time and helps companies grow revenue and shorten sales cycles.
- A. Set up a Drift connection
- B. Describe the Drift connection
- C. Provide required Drift account information
- D. Edit advanced Drift settings
- E. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Drift in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Drift.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
At this point, you’re presented with a single option for providing Drift authentication.
Personal access token (required): Enter the personal access token provided to you by Drift. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s access token safe. When editing this connection later, you must enter this token again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Drift account.
- Hover over the required app and click Manage. The My app page opens.
- Navigate to Activate your app > Installing to Drift > OAuth access token.
- Copy the personal access token.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Drift connection.
Once you have configured the Drift connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.