Brex is a corporate card and expense management tool that allows customers to issue employee credit cards through which expenses are directly logged and tracked by the accounting and expense management teams.
- A. Set up a Brex connection
- B. Provide required Brex application details
- C. Edit advanced Brex settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Brex in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Brex.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Brex authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Account type(required): Select one of the following, depending on the account type you’re connecting to:
- Production: your live production environment.
- Sandbox: a sandbox environment for user acceptance testing.
API token (required): Enter the API token provided to you by Brex. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this token again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Brex account.
- Navigate to Profile > Settings > Developer > API tokens.
- Click Create token, to generate a new token. The Create an API token page appears.
- Enter the Token name, select the required access and click Create token.
- Brex asks you to confirm the access that you selected. Click Allow access to grant permission and create the token.
- Copy your API token.
Important: If you do not copy your new API token, you cannot see the token again.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Brex connection.
Once you have configured the Brex connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.