Brex is a corporate card and expense management tool that allows customers to issue employee credit cards through which expenses are directly logged and tracked by the accounting and expense management teams.
Set up a connection
After you start the connection, you have to configure it in the Create connection panel and must complete all of the required * authentication settings.
|Name your connection *
|Enter a clear and distinguishable unique name for your connection so that it will be helpful later when selecting among the list of connections that you’ve created.
|API token *
|Enter your Brex API token.
Multiple layers of protection, including AES 256 encryption, are in place to keep your API token safe. When editing this connection, you must re-enter this value each time; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
How to retrieve the API token
Select one of the following, depending on the Brex account instance you're connecting to:
Production: live production environment.
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see token auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your Brex account.
- Navigate to Profile > Settings > Developer > API tokens.
- Click Create token, to generate a new token. The Create an API token page appears.
- Enter the Token name, select the required access and click Create token.
- Brex asks you to confirm the access that you selected. Click Allow access to grant permission and create the token.
- Copy your API token.
- User tokens expire if they are not used to make an API call for 30 days.
- Make sure to copy your new API token because you cannot see the token again.