- Understand how the flow works
- Run the flow
- Understand the customer records in NetSuite and Shopify
- Configure mapping to sync username/password directly from NetSuite
The NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) flow adds or updates customers and its address book and meta fields from NetSuite to Shopify. This is a delta flow that creates or updates any customer records added since the last flow run. If the customer already exists in Shopify, this flow updates the existing customer record.
Note: The flow is available only in the premium edition of the integration app.
The Get customers from NetSuite export gets the customer records and the NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) validates if the address has the store ID and the Celigo Shopify Customer ID Map record for a customer.
- If the customer ID exists on the customer record, the flow updates the existing record in Shopify,
- If the customer ID does not exist, the flow fetches the customer with an email ID using the Customer lookup in the Shopify page processor.
The Post customers to Shopify import creates or updates the customer record in Shopify. The Writeback Shopify customer ID to NetSuite and Writeback AddressId to NetSuite imports writes back the Shopify customer ID and address ID to NetSuite.
- The flow syncs multiple addresses for a single customer from NetSuite to Shopify only when the store is selected in the Address field.
- The flow adds or updates meta fields.
In the Celigo Shopify Customer Export saved search, the eTail customer exported and Celigo Shopify Customer ID Map (is false) fields are deleted and the following is added to the saved search:
Celigo Shopify Customer Export saved search Criteria tab > Standard sub-tab
Updated by Shopify IA (Custom)
Celigo Shopify Customer Export saved search Results tab > Columns sub-tab
Address : eTail Address Id (Custom)
eTail Address Id(Address)
Address : Shopify store (Custom)
- If you don’t want to delete the existing data in Shopify for any custom fields when NetSuite data is empty, next to the appropriate mapping, click Settings > check the Discard if empty check box.
- If you manually update the NetSuite customer record, then the Updated By Shopify IA check box is unchecked to qualify the record for the NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) flow run.
- If the Shopify Store custom field (Customer record > Address subsection) is either empty or doesn't match with the particular store ID, then the address is not considered for the export.
- It is recommended not to schedule the NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) and Shopify customer to NetSuite customer (add or update) flows at the same time. It is recommended to schedule these flows one after another to avoid conflicts.
- Log in to the integrator.io account with your credentials.
- In the Shopify - NetSuite integration app, go to the Flows > Orders section.
- Next to the NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) flow, use the toggle button to enable the flow.
- If you run the flow for the first time, a delta flow pop-up window is displayed. This helps you to sync the historical shipments.
- Automatic: Choose this option to process and sync data from the last flow run time OR
- Custom: Choose this option to select a custom start date and time from when you wish to process and sync data.
- Click Run.
You can see the flow status in the Integration App Dashboard.
For one customer record, the NetSuite customer to Shopify customer (add or update) flow count will be 4 (Success) 0 (Ignored) 0 (Errors), and the status changes from queued > in progress > completed after the feed submitted through the flow is successful. Once the flow runs successfully, check your Shopify store to find the record for the customer synced from NetSuite.
Once the flow runs successfully, the flow syncs the customer record from NetSuite to Shopify as shown below:
- The Updated By Shopify IA check box is checked in the eTail tab.
- NewCeligo Shopify Customer ID Map record gets created in NetSuite.
The flow ignores the customers synced through the following flows as the Updated By Shopify IA check box is checked :
- Shopify customer to NetSuite customer (add or update)
- Shopify order to NetSuite order (cash sale or sales order)
- Shopify order to NetSuite sales order (add)
- Shopify order to NetSuite cash sale (add)
Use the following steps to add mappings for Sending username/password directly from NetSuite:
- Create a custom field in the NetSuite's Customer record for storing the password.
- Open the Celigo Shopify Customer Export Search saved search in NetSuite.
- Click the Results tab in the field column, select the record you have created in Step 1, and from the Custom Label field assign a custom label for this field.
- In Integration App go to Flows > Orders > NetSuite Customer to Shopify Customer Add flow, Field Mapping > Import Mapping (Customer Add To Shopify). The Mappings page is displayed.
- In the Export Field (NetSuite) column, select the custom label for the record as defined in the Celigo Shopify Customer Export Search saved search, and from the Import Field (REST API) column, select customer.password (In this example, we are using DEFAULT PASSWORD as the name of the field on customer record that can be used for storing customer password in NetSuite).
- Similarly in the Export Field (NetSuite) column, select the custom label for the record as defined in the Celigo Shopify Customer Export Search saved search and from the Import Field (REST API) column, select customer.password_confirmation (In this example, we are using DEFAULT PASSWORD as the name of the field on customer record that can be used for storing customer password in NetSuite).