Note: The name “SmartConnector” will be changing to “Integration App” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io. Find out more about integrator.io.
The Salesforce Contact to NetSuite Contact Add/Update flow is a real-time flow that syncs Salesforce Contacts as NetSuite Contacts provided that the associated Account is already synced as a Customer to NetSuite. Once the Contact is synced, any subsequent updates in Salesforce are automatically synced to NetSuite.
- When a new contact is created in Salesforce, the flow checks whether the contact already exists in NetSuite, then whether the Salesforce contact is associated with a Salesforce account that has already been synched to NetSuite.
- If the Salesforce contact doesn't exist but is associated with a synched Salesforce account, the flow creates a contact in NetSuite and synchs the NetSuite contact's NetSuite ID to the corresponding Salesforce contact.
- When a contact is updated in Salesforce, the flow updates the corresponding contact in NetSuite. To sync a Salesforce contact to a NetSuite Contact, the NetSuite ID field of the Salesforce contact cannot be empty.
- If there are any errors while synching, they will display on the dashboard.
Sync existing Salesforce contacts to NetSuite
To sync existing contacts, you'll need to edit and save them manually. Make sure that the Salesforce contact is associated with a Salesforce account that has already been synched to NetSuite.
Salesforce Contact to NetSuite Contact
- In the integration tile, click the gear icon.
- Go to Settings > Integration Flows > Contact.
- Turn on the Salesforce Contact to NetSuite Contact Add/Update using the toggle button.
- In your Salesforce account, go to Contacts.
- You can perform either of the following operations.
- From the available list of contacts, click the desired contact.
- Click Edit.
- Make necessary edits to the contact record.
- Click New.
- Enter details in the required fields.
- For updating Contact:
- For creating a new Contact:
If everything is configured correctly, the details that you updated in the Salesforce ontact will be automatically synced to Contacts in NetSuite. If you have created a new Salesforce contact, the new contact will be synced to the corresponding NetSuite contact and its NetSuite ID will be synced back the Salesforce contact.
Make sure your Salesforce contacts each have a NetSuite ID, then configure how you'd like to trigger your flow:
- Go to Settings > Integrations Flows > Opportunity > Salesforce Contact to NetSuite Contact.
- Click the Settings icon that corresponds to the flow.
- Click the Qualification Criteria button.
- Select the desired values for setting your own criteria for triggering the flow.
- Optionally, you can also specify the primary and secondary lookup criteria for contacts using the Define Lookup Criteria button.
- Save the lookup criteria, then the Settings information.