In general, NetSuite supports parent-child relationships between items using NetSuite's native Matrix Item functionality. The virtual variation functionality allows you to set up a parent-child relationship between the Inventory - Matrix and Non-Matrix and Assembly - Matrix and Non-Matrix without using the matrix item feature in NetSuite.
The items are set as virtual variation items in NetSuite and can be exported as regular matrix items in Walmart. The “NetSuite Item to Walmart Product” flow allows you to create the virtual variation items. The integration app allows you to use the standard NetSuite field “subitem of” or a custom NetSuite field where you specify the parent of an item to create the parent-child relationship needed for an item record.
- If you use a custom field for creating a virtual variation relationship, the custom field must be a drop-down field similar to the “subitem of” field in NetSuite and it cannot be a text field.
- In Integrator.io, in the Product section, go to the Advanced Settings and from the “NetSuite saved search for syncing Item” drop-down list, select a saved search. Example: Celigo Walmart Item Export Search [<your store name>].
Configure your item for NetSuite native field
In NetSuite, you need to make the following changes to your items:
- In NetSuite, open an appropriate item(s).
- Click Edit.
- From the “subitem of” drop-down list, select the name of the parent item.
Note: Perform this step for all the variant or child items.
- Go to the “eTail” tab and “Walmart” sub-tab.
- Select or add a new “Walmart Account”.
- From the “Walmart Category” drop-down list, select an appropriate category for the item.
- Based on the selected category, you can multi-select the attributes.
- Check the “is primary variant” box if you wish to display this item as the primary item of the matrix item drop-down list in Walmart.
Note: You can check this box for only one variant item.
- Click Save.
- In Integrator.io, run the “NetSuite Item to Walmart Product” flow.
Configure your item for the NetSuite custom field
In NetSuite, if you are using any custom field to create a virtual variation relationship, in addition to performing the steps mentioned in the above "Configure your NetSuite item for standard field" section, you also have to update the “Variant Group id” row in your saved search.
Note: In step 3 of the above section, select the name of the parent item from the custom field drop-down list for all the variant items.
- In NetSuite, in the global search bar, enter “Celigo Walmart Item Export Search [<your store name>]”.
- Press Enter.
- On the Celigo Walmart Item Export Search Results, click Edit this Search.
- Go to the Results tab.
- In the “Variant Group Id” row, instead of “Formula Text”, select the custom field.
Note: If you add a new row, ensure to specify the input in the “custom label” column name as Variant Group Id, otherwise, an error is displayed.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.