Jira Cloud platform helps to build agile work management and supports your team to plan, track, and manage their work.
- A. Set up a Jira Cloud platform connection
- B. Provide required Jira Cloud platform application details
- C. Edit advanced Jira Cloud platform settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to the Jira Cloud platform in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, click Jira Cloud platform.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for modifying the Jira Cloud platform authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Base URI: Enter the base URI of your Jira Cloud platform account. For example, if your account is located at
https://test123.atlassian.net then enter
Username (required): Enter the username of your Jira Cloud platform account.
API token (required): Enter the API token provided to you by Atlassian. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this token again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Atlassian account.
- Navigate to Atlassian account settings > Security > API token > Create and manage API tokens.
- Copy your API token.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Jira Cloud platform connection.
Once you have configured the Jira Cloud platform connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.