You can export data from Jira Service Management Cloud using the Jira Cloud Platform REST APIs.
Important: Before you begin exporting data from Jira Service Management Cloud, you must first create a connection to Jira Cloud Platform for authenticated access to Jira Service Management Cloud. (Jira Service Management Cloud uses the same authentication method as Jira Cloud Platform.)
To build a flow for exporting data from Jira Service Management Cloud:
- From the Tools menu, select Flow Builder.
- In the New Flow page that opens, click Add source. The Create source panel opens.
- In the Create source panel, describe the export:
- Application: Browse and select REST API from the list. The universal connector is used to export data using the Jira Service Management Cloud REST API calls.
- What would you like to do?: Accept the default selection, Export records from source application.
- Connection: Select a Jira Cloud Platform connection. The Jira Cloud Platform connection is used for authentication to Jira Service Management Cloud.
- Click Next. The Create export panel opens.
- In the Create export panel, provide at least the minimum required information in the following sections:
- Name: Enter a name so that you can easily reference it from other parts of the application.
- Connection: The connection that you had earlier selected is automatically entered.
- Form view: Accept the default, REST API.
- What would you like to export?
- HTTP Method: Select GET.
- Configure HTTP headers (optional): Based on your requirements, enter a name and value pair.
- Relative URI: Enter your relative URI – for example:
- Configure export type
- Export type: Based on your requirements, select one of the available export types: All, Delta, Test, or Once.
- Does this API use paging?, Non-standard API response patterns, and Advanced (optional)
- Based on your requirements, you can provide specific values for fields in these sections. For details on settings in Does this API use paging?, see API pagination, and for a general understanding of the Non-standard API response patterns and Advanced sections, see Export data from an HTTP source app.
- At the top right, click Preview and review the information that is exported. For more information, see Preview export data.
- Click Save & close.