Square is one of the most popular point-of-sale systems. It gives customers everything they need to run and grow a business; sell in-person, online, over the phone, or out in the field.
- A. Set up a Square connection
- B. Provide required Square application details
- C. Edit advanced Square settings
- D. Save and authorize
Start establishing a connection to Square in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, select Square.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Square authentication.
Name (required):Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Square API defines to limit access to your account. To select the scopes for this connection,
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the
– or –
Check the scopes you want to add, and click the button.
- Click Save to save your scopes and leave the editor.
Important: You must add the scope MERCHANT_PROFILE_WRITE in order for the connection to succeed.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Square connection.
To save and authorize the Square connection:
- Click the Save & authorize button to commit your changes and proceed to log in with Square.
- Enter the email address and password of your registered Square account.
- Click Sign in.
- Review the permission and click Allow to grant permission and establish the connection.
Once you have confirmed the connection in Square, the new browser window closes to return you to integrator.io. The new connection will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.