Note: The default OAuth 2.0 connection described below is available only in the beta release of integrator.io. Square connections with token-based authentication have been deprecated as of June 22, 2020.
1. Set up a Square connection
Start establishing a connection to Square in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, select Square.
The Create connection pane then asks you to name the new connection.
Be sure to provide a clear and distinguishable Name as soon as the connection is created. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Click Next to configure the connection.
2. Supply required Square API settings
At this point, you’re presented with options for defining Square API permissions.
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Square API defines to limit the access to your account. To select the scopes for this connection,
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the
– or –
Check the scopes you want to add, and click the button.
Important: You must add the scope MERCHANT_PROFILE_WRITE in order for the connection to succeed.
- Click Save when you’re ready to leave the editor and finish setting up your connection.
3. Edit advanced Square settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Square connection.
4. Save and authorize
Once you have configured the Square connection, you have a couple options for continuing:
- Save and authorize – click this button to open a browser instance, log in to Square, and verify your settings
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
Review the summary of permissions, and click Allow.
Once you have confirmed the connection in Square, the new browser window closes to return you to integrator.io. The new connection will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.