Square is one of the most popular point-of-sale systems. It gives customers everything they need to run and grow a business; sell in-person, online, over the phone, or out in the field.
Square documentation: API guide, Authentication, Create Square sandbox account and limitations
Additional reference: Supported Square APIs
- A. Set up a Square connection
- B. Provide required Square application details
- C. Edit advanced Square settings
- D. Save and authorize
A. Set up a Square connection
Start establishing a connection to Square in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, select Square.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Provide required Square application details
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing Square authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Account type (required): Select your Square account environment:
- Production: if your Square account URL is
- Sandbox: if your Square account URL is
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Square API defines to limit access to your account. To select the scopes for this connection,
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the » button.
– or –
Check the scopes you want to add, and click the > button.
- Click Save to save your scopes and leave the editor.
Important: You must add the scope MERCHANT_PROFILE_WRITE in order for the connection to succeed.
iClient (required): (This option is available only when you select the Account type as Sandbox) Select the iClient pair that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Square. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit () button to modify a selected iClient. Be sure to give the iClient a recognizable name for use in any other connections.
- Client ID (required): Enter the client ID.
- Client secret (required): Enter the client secret. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s secret safe. When editing this form later, you must generate this value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Square Developer account.
- Create a new or open an existing application. For information on how to create an app in Square, see Create an account and application.
- Navigate to Credentials.
- Copy Sandbox application ID. This is your client ID.
- Click Show and copy Sandbox Access token. This is your client secret.
Redirect URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to Square for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
C. Edit advanced Square settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Square connection.
D. Save and authorize
To save and authorize the Square connection:
- Click Save & authorize to save your changes and proceed to sign in with Square.
- Enter the email address and password of your registered Square account.
- Click Sign in.
- Review the permission and click Allow to grant permission and establish the connection.
Once you have confirmed the connection in Square, the new browser window closes to return you to integrator.io. The new connection will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.