API Guide Link: https://tableau.github.io/server-client-python/docs/
Link to authentication page: https://tableau.github.io/server-client-python/docs/api-ref#authentication
- Name: Required: Name the connection.
- Connection type: Required: The form will automatically select Tableau.
- My server: Required: Enter your server name here which you configured while signing up for a new Tableau account.
- Username: Required: Enter the username of your registered Tableau account.
- Password: Required: Enter the password of your registered Tableau account.
- Content URl: Required: Enter the content URI. To get the content URI, log in to your Tableau account. The content URl is the URL displayed in the browser. For example, the URL for the site with "site/siteID/" following the number sign ( # ). In the following example, the site ID is "mis":
- Generate Token: Required: Click Generate Token & Site ID to get the token and site ID of your tableau account.
- Token: Required: Enter the token.
- Site ID: Required: Enter the site ID.
Read more about this connection: