Gorgias is a helpdesk and live chat application that is designed especially for eCommerce stores.
- A. Set up a Gorgias connection
- B. Provide required Gorgias application details
- C. Edit advanced Gorgias settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Gorgias in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Gorgias.
The Create connection panel then asks you to name the new connection.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Gorgias authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Subdomain (required): Enter the unique portion of the gorgias.com address that you visit to sign in to your portal. For example, if
https://fuchsia.gorgias.com is the URL, then
fuchsia is your subdomain.
Username (required): Enter the email address associated with your Gorgias account.
API key (required): Enter the API key provided to you by Gorgias. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this API key again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Gorgias account.
- Navigate to Settings > REST API > API access and credentials > Password.
- Copy your API key.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Gorgias connection.
Once you have configured the Gorgias connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
When you select Test connection, the connection is verified before continuing and the status is displayed in the Connection pane.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.