When mapping data for import, an additional advanced option allows you to specify the conditions under which you would like the data imported. Conditional data mapping is a powerful tool – in many cases, you can perform with a single export the steps that used to require two or more.
To view and edit conditional mapping for a field, follow the steps below:
- Open the import mappings from either of the following locations:
- In a list of integration flows, click the Edit mappings ( ) button. Select an import, if more than one in the flow contains mappings.
- In Flow Builder, click the Import mapping ( ) button in a destination app.
- Click the Settings ( ) button next to an Export field – Import field pair. The Settings pane opens with the usual options, such as Standard and Hard-coded.
- Open the Advanced section, which is collapsed by default. Select one of the items from the Only perform mapping when drop-down list.
How conditions are applied
Different Only perform mapping when options are available, depending on the destination app:
|Option||Conditional logic for import|
|Creating a record||
Perform the field mapping only when the record is being created. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Destination record being updated does NOT already have a value for this field||
Perform the field mapping only when the lookup does not find a record or when the specified field’s value is empty. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Source record has a value||
Perform the field mapping whenever the field is truthy (that is, the value does not evaluate to false, empty, null, or undefined). Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Updating a record||
Perform the field mapping only when the record is being updated. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
The field mapping always applies.