When mapping data for import, an additional advanced option allows you to specify the conditions under which you would like the data imported. Conditional data mapping is a powerful tool – in many cases, you can perform with a single export the steps that used to require two or more.
To view and edit conditional mapping for a field, follow the steps below:
- Open the import mappings from either of the following locations:
- In a list of integration flows, click the Edit mappings ( ) button. Select an import, if more than one in the flow contains mappings.
- In Flow Builder, click the Import mapping ( ) button in a destination app.
- Click the Settings ( ) button next to an Export field – Import field pair. The Settings pane opens with the usual options, such as Standard and Hard-coded.
- Open the Advanced section, which is collapsed by default. Select one of the items from the Only perform mapping when drop-down list.
How conditions are applied
Different Only perform mapping when options are available, depending on the destination app:
|Conditional logic for import
|Creating a record
Perform the field mapping only when the record is being created. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Destination record being updated does NOT already have a value for this field
Perform the field mapping only when the lookup does not find a record or when the specified field’s value is empty. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Source record has a value
Perform the field mapping whenever the field is truthy (that is, the value does not evaluate to false, empty, null, or undefined). Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
|Updating a record
Perform the field mapping only when the record is being updated. Otherwise, this mapping will not apply upon import.
The field mapping always applies.