Precisely documentation: API guide, Authentication
Note: The Precisely connector replaces the Pitney Bowes Locate & identify account option.
A. Set up a Precisely connection
Start establishing a connection to Precisely in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Precisely.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required Precisely account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for providing Precisely authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
iClient (required): Select the iClient pair that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Precisely. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Be sure to give the iClient a recognizable name for use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
Sign in to your Precisely account at developer.precisely.com, and select API keys from your account menu.
Copy the key and secret or generate new values:
C. Edit advanced Precisely settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Precisely connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the Precisely connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.