You can sync Google contacts with other systems, such as CRM and ERP applications. When you configure this connection, you will be prompted to sign in to the Google account and authorize integrator.io access.
- A. Set up a Google Contacts connection
- B. Provide Google Contacts connection details
- C. Supply required Google account information
- D. Edit advanced Google settings (optional)
- E. Save and authorize the connection
Start establishing a connection to Google Contacts in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Google Contacts.
On the Create connection page, set the following options:
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
The Application details section contains settings for Google authentication.
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Google API defines to limit the access to your account. The following scopes are available:
http://www.google.com/m8/feeds– This legacy scope is an alias for the https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts scope. Existing OAuth grants with the legacy scope will work for any endpoints in the People API that require the https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts scope. Reading and writing contacts and contact groups will work with the legacy scope. For more information, see the Contacts API Migration Guide.
http://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly– Requests that your app be given read access to the authenticated user’s Google Contacts.
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access both of the scopes in the API, click the » button.
– or –
Check the scope you want to add, and click the > button.
- Click Save when you’re ready to leave the editor and finish setting up your connection.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Google Contacts connection.
- Once you have configured the Google Contacts connection, click Save & authorize.
- Sign in to Google with the user account containing the contacts you want integrator.io to be able to access through this connection.
- After signing in, review the permissions for the integration and click Allow.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. If you created it within a flow, it is applied to the current source or destination app. Otherwise, you can proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Read more about this connector type: