Settlement reports provide a detailed breakdown of a merchant’s account activity for a given settlement period. Settlement reports are generated regularly and can be downloaded from the Amazon Seller Central. Settlement Report also provides very detailed information about the different types of fees charged by Amazon for providing various marketplace services offered to the seller.
Settlement reports can be generated weekly and bi-weekly. After a settlement report is generated by Amazon, the seller receives payment for all the goods sold in their Amazon account. Each report has a breakdown of Item Price, Amazon commission fees, shipping fees, and the total amount earned by the seller.
Payments (Settlement) report displays your account's payment information. With this report, you can:
- View an account summary that includes the beginning balance
- View next scheduled date for the transfer of funds
- View order and refund totals.
- View credits, fees, and adjustments for specific orders.
A sample of the Payments (Settlement) report:
Advantages of integrating Amazon Settlement Reports with NetSuite
- Streamline and speed up account receivables by automatically converting Amazon reported payments into NetSuite digital payments
- Analyze most profitable vs least profitable items on Amazon directly inside of NetSuite.
- Provides a holistic view to your accounting teams for all sales through Amazon & provide visibility into key metrics like total fee charged per SKU or per order, total deposits for a given settlement period.
- Automate syncing refunds from Amazon & create credit memos inside of NetSuite.
- Process up to 100 MBs of Settlement Report in one go. (1 MB ~ 1000 transactions)
Download an Amazon settlement report
Use the following steps to download a settlement report from your Amazon seller central account:
- Log in to your Amazon Seller Central Account.
- Go to Payments > Payments > All Statements.
- Click Download Flat File V2 for the relevant Settlement Period.
Note: You need to click Request Report for a Settlement Period before you can download the report.
- Save the file on your hard drive.
To see prior settlements, select a date range for the settlement period you are interested in and click Search.
- To open the settlement report, Amazon recommends using a spreadsheet or database program, such as Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
- Settlement reports are available only for the past 90 days. We recommend that you download and save these settlement reports for your own records.
- If you do not have a positive or zero account balance with Amazon at end of your settlement period, then no settlement takes place and no report is generated.
Settlement Report Integration Flows
The Amazon - Netsuite integration app helps you import settlement reports from Amazon into NetSuite and automatically generate reports that help you analyze most profitable items, Amazon fees, net profit, and so on.
Note: The integration app only supports the .txt and tab-separated CSV file format of the settlement report.
The integration app eliminates the need to manually reconcile the Amazon settlement reports and provides an automated way to generate settlement reports, drill down up to an Item level.
In the Amazon - NetSuite integration app, the Settlement section consists of the following flows that you can use to process different information in NetSuite using the settlement report:
- Imports the Settlement report from Amazon Seller Central to NetSuite.
- You can use one of the following two options to sync your settlement report and process the settlement reconciliations:
- Automatically pull the settlement report
- Upload the settlement report manually
- The “Request Amazon Settlement Report List” and “Amazon Settlement Report to NetSuite Custom Settlement Records” flows can import settlement reports up to a size of 100MB.
- When you run the “Request Amazon Settlement Report List” and “Amazon Settlement Report to NetSuite Custom Settlement Records” flows, the integration app performs the following action in NetSuite:
- Creates a Settlement Summary Report
- Creates Settlement Transactions
Settlement Report Payment Flow
The payment import flow identifies the sales orders (MFN), searches for the invoices, and creates customer payments for amounts that Amazon sends. For FBA, orders are directly imported as invoices, so payments are directly created.
Settlement Refund Import Flow
Creates Credit Memo and Refunds (for Invoices) or customer refunds for the refunds generated in the report.
Settlement Summary Update Flow
Updates Settlement Summary Report.
Note: You can only leverage these flows with the premium edition of the Amazon - NetSuite integration app.
Settlement transactions workflow
The following image captures the process of the settlement transactions workflow from Amazon to NetSuite: