The NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add and NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add flows will record all the Walmart order details synced with NetSuite, either as invoices or cash sales.
Note: These flows will not pass any information to or from Walmart.
Configuring your flow
The recommended option is to create invoices for the orders with open balances, which are settled by Walmart using the settlement process. You should consider recording an order as a cash sale, only if the payment has been settled at the time of the transaction, i.e., payment via check, credit card, or cash.
- Click Settings > Billing to access the settings for the billing flow.
- Select the saved search to be used for searching the Walmart orders that need to be billed in the NetSuite saved search for auto-billing orders setting.
- Select the billing status of the orders in the Auto-bill orders in Netsuite when the status is setting. The options available are:
Pending Billing: This is the recommended option as the orders will be billed after they have been shipped to the customer.
Pending Fulfillment: This option indicates that the customer is billed before the order is shipped to the customer.
Note: You can also update the billing status to be selected in the saved search within NetSuite. If you make the changes to the billing status selection in NetSuite, it will override any selection made via the settings in the integration app.
- Pending Billing: This is the recommended option as the orders will be billed after they have been shipped to the customer.
- Click Save to save the changes made to the setting.
- Access Flows > Billing to access the billing flows.
- If you are recording the Walmart orders as invoices in NetSuite, enable the NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add flow (currently enabled in the screenshot).
- If you are recording the Walmart orders as cash sales in NetSuite, enable the NetSuite Order to NetSuite CashSale Add flow (currently enabled in the screenshot).
- Click Run ()to run the integration flows.
On successful execution, all Walmart orders will be updated as invoices or cash sales in NetSuite.
Order recorded as “Invoice” instead of “Cash Sale”
In some cases, the order may incorrectly be recorded as “Invoice” instead of “Cash Sale”. In such cases, you need to verify if a Payment Method has been applied to the record in NetSuite.
- Access Billing > Payment > Payment Method in NetSuite.
- If the field is not empty, a “Cash Sale” is created for the sales order (regardless of the value in the Payment Method field).
- If the field is empty, the order will be recorded as “Invoice”.
To update the value in the Payment Method field, verify if there is a mapping in the Walmart Order to NetSuite Order Add flow to capture the order amount value to the Payment Method field in NetSuite.